If you love the thought of wearing a red lipstick to amp up you’re confidence, but your worried about the practicalities then this article was written for you!!
Top tips for a red lip
- Make sure that your lips are in top shape. Use a gentle lip scrub, use lots of lip balm (my current fave is Lip Shit, (no really – that’s what it’s called), and drink plenty of water to stay hydrated. Blot away any excess before applying colour.
- Start with a pencil. This will help stop the lipstick from bleeding around the edges of your lips. Colour your whole lip in, rather than just lining the outside.
- After applying the first layer of lipstick blot with a tissue and then reapply a second coat. This will stop your lips looking so bare when the lipstick starts wearing away.
- Choose a matte formula. The shinier a lipstick is the quicker it will smudge, fade or rub away. Make sure that your matte isn’t too drying though.
- Choose the right red for your skin tone. Do you suit a cool toned red? Or is a warm orange-red more your style. Try colours on before your big day so that you know that you’ll have a red lipstick that looks great on you.
Makeup Artists' Favourite Reds
Stila Liquid Lipstick in Beso is a bright, true red liquid lipstick.
It is easy to apply, highly pigmented and is infused with Vitamin E so it won’t dry out your lips, and is super long wearing.
RRP $34 available at Mecca
Stunna Lip Paint Longwear Fluid Lip Color in Uncensored caused a world wide sensation when it was released. Marketed as the red lip that will suit every skin tone it is being called the “perfect univeral red”
RRP $36 available at Sephora AU
Sally is a makeup artist, a beauty junkie and a coffee addict, who loves finding new products and techniques and using them to give her clients an amazing experience – every time.